Don't want to trade it yourself?
Our desk runs DEX portfolios on profit share.
Currencies38693
Market Cap$ 2.66T-3.08%
24h Spot Volume$ 40.51B-24.2%
DominanceBTC57.39%+1.54%ETH10.84%+1.28%
ETH Gas0.06 Gwei
News
Aug 22, 2026
2min read
byRizwan Ansari
forCoinpedia

BitMart has paused a full wind-down and is developing a potential restructuring plan with advisers including White & Case that could restart some exchange services in stages, with an update due September 9, 2026. Customers still face unresolved withdrawals and custody questions, have been asked to submit withdrawal requests by August 26, 2026, and the prior orderly wind-down remains in place with a final closure date of January 31, 2027, highlighting ongoing crypto custody and liquidity risk.
See what traders are focused on
BitMart is now looking at a restructuring plan instead of fully shutting down the exchange, but the latest update has left users with more questions about their funds.
The exchange says it is working on a possible recovery plan, while users continue to seek clear answers on withdrawals, assets, and when normal services could return.
BitMart Moves From Shutdown to Restructuring
In a recent announcement on X, BitMart said it is developing a potential restructuring plan after talks with users, stakeholders, and advisers.
“BitMart is developing a potential restructuring plan as an alternative to a full wind-down.”
The plan could allow some services to return in stages while creditors receive distributions. However, the plan still needs legal, financial, operational and regulatory review.
To help with the process, BitMart has hired White & Case as its restructuring counsel. The firm will work with BitMart’s other advisers to assess the available options and help build a plan for restarting parts of the business.
However, a roadmap is currently being developed together with our advisers, and we expect to share another update by September 9, 2026.
But Users Want One Answer: Where Is the User’s Money?
The biggest concern for users remains withdrawals.
Even BitMart in its restructuring plan did not say that withdrawals have fully resumed. Instead, it said a roadmap is still being prepared and that more details will be shared by September 9.
This has frustrated users who want clear details about customer assets, available reserves, where the funds go, and when they can access their funds.
BitMart had already announced an orderly wind-down on July 26, including plans to stop new registrations and deposits.
For now, that shutdown plan remains in place despite the possible restructuring. BitMart has asked retail users to submit their crypto withdrawal requests by August 26, 2026.
So, if the plan does not change, the final platform closure is set for January 31, 2027, when BitMart’s services will officially shut down.
Source: cryptorank.io
